It’s almost 2018! Hooray!
It’s funny to think that 2017 is going to slip away and will become memories in just a few hours!
I never had any New Year’s resolution for 2017 and I think I won’t have for 2018 either. In my opinion, these are just goals or standards we set to ourselves, so we might have something new and fresh to look forward to the coming year. It is a good idea, but I know I will just forget or ignore them before January even ends.
Instead of making a New Year’s resolution, why not make a list of things you have learned or achieved this year. You will feel good about yourself as the year ends, at the same time, it will also give you a reflection of what you need to improve or continue in the following years. It doesn’t really matter when you want to start doing it. No pressure. No commitments!
- Getting pregnant. This milestone is the main focus of our lives right now and there’s nothing I could asked for.
- Improved my skills. Working in a government institution helped me a lot in improving my skills. I was able to do things I never knew I could.
- Gained a few friends. I preferred not to socialize for the past three years after some bad experiences with people who I thought were my friends. I avoided having friends after that and treated people as mere acquaintances instead.
- Buying our own car. This might sound materialistic, but it’s one of the things we dreamed of having.
THINGS I LEARNED:
- Keep a small circle of friends. You don’t need to be in a big group, so you can have everybody on your side. It’s better to have a few close ones rather than a group of people who only treat you as a friend because they need something from you.
- Treat yourself once in a while. I always buy things on a budget, so I can send more at home. I feel guilty every time I buy expensive things, but I learned that I should not limit myself and buy things that I love (expensive or not) because I worked hard for it.
- We deserve the best things in life. Don’t depend on what other people say about you. They can not dictate what I will do or not do. My happiness matters, not theirs, as long as I don’t hurt anyone on the way.
- Be patience. Things happen when you plan it accordingly. There will be obstacles along the way, but dedication and determination will give you positive results. Don’t give up too easily.
- Always have a kind heart. You never know where your kindness will lead you.