How to Apply for a Schengen VISA in Suriname with Philippine Passport
For Filipinos planning to apply for a Schengen VISA (tourism) in Suriname, VFS Global is the agency that offers their services to help and guide you with the processing and releasing of visas. This means that you don’t need to go to the Dutch Embassy anymore.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
First things, first. You need to register your e-mail address to the VFS Global Log-In page in order to make your appointment.
PREPARE THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS:
1. Fill in the VISA Application Form
Download their Checklist Form (VISA Tourism) to guide you with the requirements.
2. Passport (valid for 3 months from time of travel)
- Photocopies of: Front page of passport and pages with previous Schengen visas; old passports with expired Schengen visas
3. 1x passport size photo with white background
4. Stay Permit or Residence Permit. In my case, they accepted my temporary stay permit, as long as I have proof that I applied for it.
5. Work Permit (if applicable), temporary work permit is also accepted.
6. Declaration letter from your company that you are employed by them or Employment Contract
7. Proof of Travel or Itinerary. You can go to SLM or KLM offices and ask for a flight schedule of the dates you intend to book. This is free and you don’t need to book or cancel anything.
7. Bank Statements for the last three months to prove that you have enough money for the trip. For The Netherlands, you need to have at least €34 per day during the period of your stay. You can also check the means of subsistence for other Schengen countries.
8. Insurance policy indicating the days and dates of your intended trip. Prices depend on how long you stay. Assuria Verzekeringen charges €26 for 10 days.
9. VISA fee of €60.
These are the additional requirements for those who are going to stay with their families or friends in any Schengen country:
- Copy of their passports and/ or residency permits
- A formal letter of invitation with their signatures
- Payslips or bank statements from them to prove that they can support you
AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION FORM, YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE BIOMETRIC ROOM FOR FINGERPRINTS TAKING…
AND YOU’RE DONE!
YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IN 15 TO 30 DAYS FOR THE APPROVAL OF YOUR VISA. YOU CAN ALSO TRACK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION HERE.
Note: You can start applying for a Schengen visa 3 months before your planned trip.
The first visa I had, I was granted multiple entry for 2 months with 35 days stay duration. For the second time, I got multiple entry for 1 year with 90 days duration of stay.
Hope this helps! Enjoy your European trip!