THE TODDLER’S RULES OF POSSESSION
- If I like it, it’s MINE.
- If it’s in my hands, it’s MINE.
- If I can take it from you, it’s MINE.
- If I had it a little while ago, it’s MINE.
- If it’s MINE, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
- If I’m doing or building something, all of the pieces are MINE.
- If it looks like mine, it’s MINE.
- If I saw it first, it’s MINE.
- If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes MINE.
- If it’s broken, it’s
*There! I made a slight change to the rule.
My chips in the cupboard.
Papa’s racing wheel.
Nate’s pacifier (that he never uses).
Everything with dinosaurs.
The dipper I use to water the plants.
Niko: MINE (and he always ends up watering
all my plants a certain plant over and over before I FORCE him to go to the next one.) 🤦
*Yes, the word is FORCE because the words TELL or ASK are not in his vocabulary.